Greetings from the office of the vocations Director.
I thank God who calls youth to become members in our Society. To become a member of Apostolic Life Community of Priests is a response to a call from God. It is a call to a particular style of personal santification and a particular apostolic life. A member of ALCP/OSS is called by God to the World of Easter Pentecost, to the content and context of Easter and Pentecost.
The office of the Vocations Director is a kind of a door through which new mwmbers enters our Society. I welcome all the youth who feel that they are called to live this kind of life in our society. The apostolic Life Community of Priests in the Opus Spiritus Sancti (ALCP/OSS) is a society of Catholic Priests which was founded in Mammolshain-Koenigstain, Germany on 21st November 1974 by late Rev. Bernhard Bendel. It is the fifth independent Society founded by Fr. Bernahard Bendel since 1950. The common name used for all five Societies is “ Opus Spiritus Sancti” that is literary, the work of the Holy Spirit.
The Charism of the ALCP/OSS consists in having a priestly vocation inspired and sustained by Easter – Pentecost spirituality, which in turn is the result of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the Pentecostal Event. It is a living in union with the Risen Lord by the power of the Holy Spirit and his gifts.
- To serve and assist the other Communities/Societies of the Opus Spiritus Sancti.
- To respond to the needs of local Church as expressed and identified by their local ordinaries.
- To seek and reach out to those who in contemporary world have weakened or lost their faith.
Stages of formation
- Formation one
- Formation one or Postulancy
- Formation Two
- Four years of Theology at Jordan University College-Morogoro.
- Pastoral Year; one year of gaining some pastoral experience in a parish or an institution.
- After one of pastoral experience, seminarians make their perpetual dedication and contract with the society and are ordained deacons.
- Priesthood; after six months of deaconate the deacon is ordained priests.
We accept candidates to join our Society in order to begin formation one. These candidates are those who have completed form six and passed with division one or two for Tanzania and their equivalents in the rest of the countries. We accept also those who have completed universities (collages) and have degree or diploma.
Three years of Philosophy at Jordan University. At this stage the candidate participates in the intellectual formation of philosophy.
Formation two, also called the noviciate, is the period of training and preparation for the candidate prior to taking vows and being incorporated temporarily in the society. This period lasts for one year and it is done at Bernhard Bende Formation House- Molangi. At the stage, the candidate learns in length the life of the Society, prayer life and work.
For those willing to join our Society, visit the following contacts.
The ALCP/OSS-Africa Province
The Vocation Director
P.O. Box 734,
Phone: +255 783 761 279