Ashe-Engai Health Centre
A Brief Historical Note:
Ashe-Engai is one of the Health Centres owned and run by the Apostolic Life Community of Priests in the Opus Spiritus Sancti (ALCP/OSS), which is a catholic missionary congregation.
It is located in Siha District, Kilimanjaro region, around seventy (70) kilometers from Moshi town.
Ashe-Engai is a composite word from two Maasai words, namely ‘Ashe’ meaning Thank you, and, ‘Engai’ meaning God. Thus, Ashe-Engai means thank you God.
The name came in as a way of thanking God for the presence of the Health facility among the Maasai people who have suffering in getting this important social facility.
The Health Centre started as a dispensary way back in 1994, and it was elevated to the level of a Health Centre in 2013.
It started with the aim of helping pregnant women with the basic services required to safeguard the safety of both the mother and child before and after birth.
With the aid of different benefactors from Italy and Germany, it slowly advanced to be as it looks now. It one of the few Health Centres which uses modern technology to administer its services to patients.
To excel at providing for the healthcare needs of our region through quality patient-focused health care that is readily accessible, efficient and cost effective in order to meet the needs of the community we serve.
To be the first choice in health care for our communities. To be a leader in providing quality, compassionate patient-centered care that seeks physical cures and comforts as well as peace of mind and heart.
- Dignity & Reverence Safeguarded by recognizing every life as a gift from God, so each individual is inherently valued.
- Teamwork We foster an atmosphere of trust, collegiality, collaboration, openness and cooperation.
- Cooperation Between patient and staff, as well as the various clinical professions and specialties.
- Integrity Honesty, fairness and self - scrutiny in everything we do, as the ideal means to protect overall safety, as well as assure confidentiality and privacy.
- Quality We strive to exceed the expectations of all our customers by committing to deliver quality and value in every aspect of our work.
- Compassion We provide care with dignity, concern, kindness and a respect for the diversity of our community.
Recognizes the contribution of all but requires sacrifice for the benefit of the patient to enhance the health of the communities served and works in cooperation with other organizations to protect vulnerable populations throughout the region.
We will enhance quality for all our patients by educating them about their health and empowering them to be partners in their care.